Monday, April 18, 2011

Fundraising!

Don't you hate asking people for money? I sure do. It makes me all sweaty and uncomfortable. It makes me awkward, and I avoid it at all cost. It's not so easy to shy away from asking for money when your heart is in Ethiopia and all you can do is eat, sleep, and dream of being there again.

I spent this weekend fundraising. Luckily, we have Gina Payne to help us! She came up with phrases and the right words to ask people to buy things to go towards our trip to Ethiopia this summer. I think it went really well!! I was really annoying and bothersome, but I raised around $200! Now, I'm just waiting to see if I win the $500 grant for selling the most over the weekend! That would be a total of $1700, which is over half of the trip cost! What a blessing that would be!

$2000.00 is due May 15th! If you feel led to give you can go to:

https://www.visitingorphans.org/donations/donate.aspx

***Just make sure on the 2nd bulletin you choose me as a specific team member . :)

Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment